We rank independent music in real-time to give deserving artists a chance to be heard.
How Leggo.fm works:
1. Artists upload their tracks.
2. Listeners rank the tracks in real-time.
3. The best new tracks rise up the charts and gain play time.
Our live rankings are 100% user-generated and designed to bubble up the best new independent music. The top rated tracks go higher in the rankings and hence get more exposure. Each month, one winning track becomes the focus of our site and is promote throughout our network.
Real-time rankings, music collaboration rooms and an engaging social network are all parts of the Leggo platform. We encourage all users to help provide constructive feedback and support the development of all artists on Leggo.fm.
You can help our cause by engaging in our network, listening to tracks and voting! Signing up for Leggo.fm is absolutely free and any uploaded tracks are instantly added to the real-time rankings and monthly competition.
Sign up to Leggo Plus ($36/year) for a premium Leggo.fm experience including HIFI playback, special site access, and free music downloads.
- Leggo Rankings are the real-time 100% user-generated ranking system that fuels our site. Rankings are based on votes and ratings that ensure the best music bubbles up to the top. Our ranking system is in real-time and very volatile. Hot new tracks rise in the charts very quickly and our Top 10 changes on a daily basis. This is all so deserving tracks have a chance to be noticed.
- Leggo Levels show the weight of your votes and ratings. Your Leggo Level is determined by how much you use our site and how well your tracks are doing in the rankings. The greater your Leggo Level, the more your votes are worth.
- Tracks are kept in a "Pre-Release" status during the first 24 hours they are in the rankings. During this time only Leggo Plus members can hear and rank the track as a part of their priviledged access.
- Leggo Pricing levels reduce the price of your tracks the longer they are on Leggo.fm rankings. This is to encourage users to pay a bit more for a track if they really like it when it first comes out or to buy a track they mildly liked because it eventually goes on sale. These settings are adjustable on the "Upload Music" page.
- Sharing is the gel that holds us together. You are greatly encouraged to share any musical creation on Leggo.fm that you think would be liked by your own social network. Thanks for the support!
A Final Note:
The Latin root for competition is "cumpetere" which means to strive together for a common goal. The Leggo.fm competition is held in this spirit. It is not winning the competition but rather the act of competition itself that advances all members who participate.
Here's to an innovative 2011,
Leggo.fm and the Leggo My Demo competition were founded by Chris Chrebet and supported by many. The Knight Foundation gave our project a green light with a $30k arts grant in 2009. To learn more go to www.knightarts.org